Tuesday, January 30, 2007

USB Turntable

Wooooo Hoooooo. I got home today and I found a little note on the door. It was from the UPS people and they had tried to deliver a package but didn't get any answer when they knocked on the door. So, they left it at the office of the apartment where I live.

So, before I took Skittles to her doctors appointment I stopped at the office and picked up my package. It was a pretty good sized one too. It took a bit of will power not to open it in the car lol.

After we got home I opened the package and what did I find? A brand new USB Turntable that was my gift for Christmas. Apparently they had a big order for them and it was back ordered. But it's here and I got it all put together.

Now I have to stop off at the storage place and pick up a box of LP's so I can put them into MP3 format and make some CD's with that. There really wasn't much to put together really. Just the cartridge for the needle and the turntable itself had to be installed. I'll have to install the software tomorrow when I get home from work.

I'm very happy that I got my new toy today. I'll have to decide on what project to work on now. As I see it I have 3 projects going on at the moment.

First, I still have 5 train cars to put together and weather.

Second, I need to work on my graffiti skills with the airbrush so I can add some graffiti to my train cars.

Third, I want to get my vinyl LP's put into MP3 format so I can make some CD's and also put the music on my Ipod.

So much to do so little time to do it lol. Till next time BYE!!

7 comments:

Jeni said...

Looks like today was a banner day for both of us - you got your belated Christmas gift and I ordered my Christmas present for this past year and for the coming one! A new computer!

Can you hear me singing -"I'm so excited!"? It won't be here and installed till next Tuesday but that's ok too! I'm still so excited!

Unknown said...

So many things to do - so little time! Same with me =)

Mike, you are brave! I wouldn´t have the strength not to open the package in the same second I hold it in my hands =)))

Rachel Schell said...

how cool is that!!! thats exciting...I remember you mentioned this before. I had never heard of it before.

Gene Bach said...

Hey Mike, tell me about that turn table...I could use one of those.

Gene

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Well, my advice is to get those LP's onto your iPod so you can listen while you're practicing airbrushing...

I can always find a reason to do the new exciting stuff first :)

John Holland said...

That's great news. I was just going to ask you if you had gotten it yet, when I saw your post. I'm excited for you. You've got to tell me how it works, I really want to get one. I have so many vinyl albums sitting around that I would love to transfer to cd. That is soooo cool.

Craig D said...

Congrats on the USB turntable! I've done quite a bit of vinyl-to-CDR transferring. It'll suck entire days and weekends out of your life!

When I'm doing CDs, I always burn my tracks as wav files, rather than mp3s, so that I don't have to worry about losses due to compression.

What kind of software will you be using?

check out recordcollectorguild.org for lots of info and software downloads.

P.S. My wife is the one with the train fetish in our household! (1948 American Flyers!)