Friday, January 12, 2007

The Book I Finished

I just thought I'd let you know that I just finished reading The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub. It was a very good book. Full of adventure. If you like books by Stephen King, this one would be right up your alley. If you've already read it, you know what I mean. The next one I will read is The Boys of Brazil by Ira Levin. This is the first book by this author that I have read. Just so you know, lol, I let Skittles pick out the books I read. She has read many many more books than I have. I trust her judgement. She hasn't steered me wrong yet. Well, there was one I didn't like and didn't finish. But so far she has done a good job picking out books she thinks I will like. Till next time BYE!!

6 comments:

Barb said...

But when we rented the movie of that book, you did like the movie :)

Mike said...

True :) But the book was too long winded in it's descriptors.

Smalltown RN said...

I have never been a Stephen King fan...I am more of a who dunnit mystery kinds of book lover. Patricia Cromwell, Jonathen Kellerman, Kathy Reich, Ian Rankin and the old stand by's Sue Grafton and Mary Higgin Clarke.

Hope you enjoy you next book...cheers....

Jeni said...

I've never read a Steven King book, imagine that! Don't usually go for mystery books at all either. Right now, my favorite "current" author would be Jodi Picoult.

BTW Mike, please tell Skittles that I am not deserting her blog but apparently my computer is making me do that! It won't let me open her blog on IE and now, lately, on Firefox when I open her blog, it tends to freeze my computer. I don't understand this activity with my computer at all. Sometimes it lets me open Barb's blog on Firefox and may let me play and read the whole way through and other times, I don't know how quickly it is going to shut down on me. And, yes I am going to be shopping for a new computer!!! Wish me luck in finding a good unit for a really good (i.e. low) price! LOL huh?

alisonwonderland said...

the only stephen king book i've read is The Stand. i've not read The Boys of Brazil; be sure to let us know how it is. i'm curious about the one you didn't finish . . .

John Holland said...

Pretty much any Stephen King book is good. The Boys of Brazil is good too, I haven't read it in many years, but I remember really liking it when I did read it.

If you read The Talisman now you have to read the sequel Black House. I think I enjoyed the sequel more.