Friday, January 26, 2007

Blogging

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been blogging as I did before I went back to work. This is primarily due to my being so tired after getting home from work. A big part of it is trying to get back to where I was physically before I had my surgery. It is taking longer than I ever thought it would. It's amazing what hurts after being off for 4 months. Then add twisting movements and bending that you haven't done in that period of time and it adds up. I just don't feel like doing much when I get home. I know it will get better.

I talked to a friend of mine at work just before going back and he said they were working a little over 8 hours at the time. When I did go back, we were working 10 hours pretty much all the time. The good news is that I have heard that we are going to be working only 8 hours due to smaller orders for cars. This should help me get back to where I was without getting too tired out. So, in short, with the shorter hours, I might be able to get back to blogging more and visiting more of the links I like to visit. I just wanted to let those who visit my blog know what has been going on. Till next time BYE!!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I know what you mean about work and blogging - it's very hard to juggle both! I am putting in a 64-hour week this week (yes, I am in fact crazy!) and sometimes it's really hard to come home and still post something as well as get to all the blogs that I want to read.

Who knew that this could be such a time-consuming thing? But I do enjoy it! I just wish the IT guy at work would let me read blogs there but he went and made some policy against it. Sigh ...

Barb said...

I know you have a very loyal fan base and they'll be glad to see you around here more!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

don't worry mike, we still love you. do what you feel like doing, ok?

smiles, bee

Crazy Working Mom said...

Whew...glad to hear it. I know it's been tough withoutcha! :)

It's really hard trying to juggle blogging and real life. You're doing great, though.

Thanks for the update. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey...you got to sleep too. (lol)
For me if the blogging starts to become another chore I'll quit so I do it when I feel like it and have the time. Life is about balance...at least for me. With all that is on peoples plates these days I'm surprised that any of us have time to blog. I think you are doing a good job. Give yourself a break...your back too.
WOW! 10 hour days. No wonder you are tired.

xxxJolie

DesLily said...

goodness... when overworked, for goodness sake rest!! I hope you get the shorter hours and feel less "whooped"!

Jeni said...

Shorter hours -at least a cut from 10 to 8 hours - would be nice for you. Just so you don't work for Ford and end up with a permanent layoff. Scary there what's happening in the automobile industry.

Clickin Mama J said...

I hate it when my real job interferes with my blogging!

John Holland said...

You'll find a medium between the two. It took me awhile to reach that medium (and it changes sometimes) between blogging and working. You got to have a life, so you'll have something to blog about. :)