Monday, January 15, 2007

Bud Wagon

On a prior 6 Weird Things About Me meme, one of the things I listed was that it took me 20 years to put a model together. Well, here it is. It's a model of the Budweiser Clydesdale's pulling the famous Budweiser beer wagon. I've seen this wagon in person at a fair. It's pretty impressive to see the horses being hooked up. Such majestic animals. Anyway, I had bought this model when I was about 17 I think. I looked at and noticed it needed some acrylic type paint for the vinyl parts that were in it. I didn't have any, so I put it back in the box and kinda forgot about it. Until about 5 years ago when I was on medical for a back problem. I decided that since I couldn't do much else at the time that I would put the wagon together. I did get the gold acrylic paint at that time. It took me about a week to get it all done. It's about 3 ft in length and sits on a simulated cobblestone base. Once Skittles saw it, she wanted to keep it and display it. It now sits on a shelf above her desk in our PC room. And that's my story lol. Till next time BYE!!






16 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Wow, Mike I love it!!!

Michelle said...

Awesome model!! You did a great job. Yes, I may be a little biased since I'm a St. Louis girl (those Clydesdales are like our city mascot), but really it is super neat!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow mike, thanks for sharing that! i love the clydesdales! bee

Unknown said...

Just one word: WOW!
(Is "WOW" a word? - okay:
Just one word: AMAZING!

I confess: I can never keep it at one word... the model is wonderful =)

John Holland said...

Very cool. That is a neat model. Very good job.

Pepper said...

That is worthy of being displayed in a prominent place. Very "wow"

Unknown said...

I remember (I am showing our age here) when those models were popular and were in the stores. I was sorely tempted to buy one but I didn't. I am sure that they are still available but I have not seen one in years. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Later Y'all

DesLily said...

beautiful model!

I saw the wagon and horses once in florida.. i love those horses!

Heart of Rachel said...

Wow, great job. The details are fantastic.

Chelle / Chel said...

That's cool, Mike. Where do you store all of these models of yours?

- Chel

Jeni said...

Pretty doggone neat! Congrats on finally getting it done.

Smalltown RN said...

Mike...that is beautiful...I can see why Skittles wants to have it out on display. Glad you got it finished and shared it with us!

Thanks Mike!

Sarge Charlie said...

I did a model airplane one time, don’t think it ever flew. This is a great model and great photos. Oh, by the way, we had a table and chairs like that once.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Nice model. I'm sure Barb enjoys seeing it every day!

Michelle said...

And, I just thought of something...Barb wants to display something that almost represents the St. Louis Cardinals as much as the birds on the bat? :0) I mean, their stadium is called Busch Stadium...

I bet you guys can't wait until the next World Series so I'll quit talking about the Cards, huh? But...I'll never quit! :0)

Robin said...

Verrrrrry cool. I'd display it too!