Friday, November 24, 2006

Trains

Well, I seem to feel a bit better. So I am going to post some pictures of the latest train cars that I have weathered. The first one is a "pickle car". It is used to transport pickles. That's what the vats on the car are used for. The hatches on the top are used for loading and unloading. The second is a pretty standard boxcar, the third one is a gondola. Gondolas are used for loads that are too tall or bulky to put into boxcars, like railroad track, steel coils, and stuff like that. I included a few extra shots of the gondola to show you how I weathered the inside of it and also a picture with a coffee cup behind it to give you some sense of scale of the cars I work with. I hope you enjoy them, I certainly do. Till next time BYE!!




5 comments:

Barb said...

The rust in the green one looks real!

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Now that is recycling at it's best! Your trains are great - I love the antiqued, aged colors.

I'm tagging you with "Three Things Tag". This is the first one I've done - it's a great learning experience - and luckily, an easy one to start with. As I understand, you have to copy and paste it from my blog - Enjoy.

Chelle / Chel said...

I love them!

Chelle

Pepper said...

I did not realize that they were that small. You must have a lot of patience. Kudos

Jeni said...

I enjoy looking at your train pics although I'm not "into" railroading in any sense of the term.

However, I have a friend -not a blogger though - who is majorly into railroads but of the full-sized variety mainly. But, because of his general interest, I sent him your blogsite and he responded to me that he especially enjoyed I think he called it a "pickle" something or other. I am assuming you know which car he means. Just thought you might like to know about a non-blogger railroader type, from Michigan too, liked your site!