Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vacation Memories

I watched a program the other day on the National Geographic channel about Yellowstone in the winter. It was so beautiful and it reminded me of the vacation that Barb and I took last summer. Our intended destination was the Black Hills of South Dakota. We saw some wonderful sights on the way. We don't really plan our vacations. We pick a destination and if we change our mind, so be it. After we saw the Badlands we headed on over and saw Mount Rushmore, then the Crazy Horse mountain carving(it isn't done yet). We decided that since we were that far, we would just go see Yellowstone. On the way we got to see Devils Tower also. Then, on the way back, we took the long way and saw Little Bighorn, the site of Custer's Last Stand. We saw other interesting things also. I have decided to put a few pictures in my blog for your viewing pleasure. After watching the Yellowstone documentary the other day, I thought it was worth a revisit of our
vacation. Till next time BYE!!


Badlands South Dakota


Badlands South Dakota


Mount Rushmore South Dakota


Devils Tower Wyoming


Old Faithful


Bison at Yellowstone


Grand Canyon of Yellowstone


Little Bighorn Memorial Montana


Wagon Ruts from the Oregon Trail in Wyoming


Old Fort Laramie in Wyoming

6 comments:

Barb said...

When can we go again???

Anonymous said...

Your Pix look great, why not post about your shutter bug experiences or the band you were in or the odd stories that happen down at the plant?

Shelby said...

I've been to all those places = wonderful memories..thanks for sharing!

Chelle / Chel said...

Love the pics! I grew up in South Dakota!

Chelle

Pepper said...

I-90 is on our list. Problem is we can't seem to get out the south. To much to do and see.

Great pictures.

Jeni said...

Barb wants to know when you two can go again and I want to know if I can go along?

Awesome, absolutely awesome photos there Mike! I envy anyone's prowess with a camera who can take gorgeous shots like these! Mine always lose something in the translation, so to speak!