Monday, November 20, 2006

Differences

Barb and I have different approaches to things. You can see it in our blogs. One of the way you might not be able to see it is in the way, and the things we read.

For instance, we have 3 bookcases in our apartment. One in the living room, one in our bedroom and another in our spare bedroom/pc room. The ones in our living room and bedroom are full sized bookcases. They are pretty much Barbs. They are both full sized bookcases which stand about 6' tall. The one in the living room is filled with hard cover books and the one in our bedroom is filled with paperbacks. Both of these are really over filled.

So that brings me to the one in our spare bedroom. That ones primarily mine. It only has 3 shelves. The bottom shelf is filled with photography books. (when I get into something, I get into it lol) The second shelf is filled with various "coffee table" type books. You know, the ones that have nice big glossy pictures and a story or two. The top shelf is filled with computer and car manuals . It also serves as a display for a few of my models that I have built. Which leads to the differences in reading material between myself and Barb. She tends to read actual books where I tend to read more manual type books.

I have to admit that since I met Barb, I have read more books than I ever had in my life before(barring school that is). We both enjoy our reading choices though, and that is the important thing. So, there you have a view on one of the differences between Barb and I. Till next time BYE!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Ya'll wanna know where he reads? In the bathroom. I was always trying to get him interested in novels.. then one day I just put a book I thought he'd like on the back of the toilet tank. He read it. Now it's a tradition. :)

Mike said...

True...how true lol.

Carrie said...

I'm with Barb on the books! I have 2 bookshelves, and I had to concede the top shelf on each to Billy. we're both overflowing our respective spaces though.. I think it's time for number three!!

Pepper said...

I had three bookcases full, then more books in storage. I gave them all to my daughter, including the bookcases. She is now the proud owner of close to 1,000 books. Like you and Barb, we are voracious readers. Even now if I find a book I think Hannah would like I will set it aside to add to our collection.