Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful

Today is the day where we give thanks for all that we have. I must admit I am blessed in many ways. I have a good job, a very good wife and the cutest grand kids anyone could ask for. My mother will be spending Thanksgiving with my sister. Barb and I will be spending this Thanksgiving here in our apartment. It's the first Thanksgiving either of us will have spent without some other family around us. A thought has come to me though. This thought is about all those who aren't as fortunate as myself. I just wanted to say that I hope all those less fortunate than myself have a Happy Thanksgiving. And I hope they can turn things around in whatever fashion they can to make their lives better. I, for one, know you don't have to be rich to be happy. So, here's to happiness in whatever you do. Have a Happy Thanksgiving all. Till next time BYE!!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving - and to tell you too, I really enjoyed the poem below as well! Neato!

Don't eat too much turkey today - tomorrow's coming and you can enjoy the feast all over again!

Barb said...

Very true.. we are fortunate. It's sad to think how many might be spending this holiday alone.. or homeless.