Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Trip

As most of you know by reading Skittles blog that we took a trip this past week. We went to Colorado first where we went to see the Rocky Mountain National Park, then headed south of there where we spent the night within easy sight of Pikes Peak. The next day we headed over to see the Royal Gorge (something I thought I'd never get to see). We ended up trying to make it to another National park only to think it would be better to make our way home ( we were kinda running out of time and the extra distance would have meant extra travel time). We made out way towards home with a neat stop in Hannibal Missouri. Hannibal is the boyhood home of one Samuel Clemens, better known by his writing name of Mark Twain. We got to see some very neat things there including going on a river boat ride. I've put up some pics for you to enjoy. I hope the mountain pics do the majestic Rocky Mountains justice. For this installment I'll only include the Mountain and Gorge pics. I'll post later with the Hannibal pics as I don't want to take up too much space. Till next time BYE!!










Pikes Peak as seen from the corner of our hotel








As a side note, I shrunk the pics so they would load faster, so if you click on them, they will come up a bit bigger.


2 comments:

Barb said...

You know that last picture scares me. LOL!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Lol..I just asked on your peace post if you took some pics...these are flippin awesome...thanks for sharing...Abz