Monday, November 30, 2009

Head or Tails

The theme for this weeks Heads or Tails meme is "Proud". For this I will post a picture. It's a picture that was made possible by the purchase of our home a few months ago. When we lived in the apartment, I didn't really have room to show off the things (hobbies) that I enjoy doing. Now that we have a home I do. The home has 3 bedrooms, 1 in which we sleep, the other 2 are used for our computer/hobby. Mrs Skittles and I each have our own room now to do things we like to do without interfering with the others activities. She doesn't even get after me to clean it up lol. Partly because I still have a lot of tools in my room while I fix things around the house. I also have a few storage bin/containers and a work table that we got from a flea market a few months ago that I use for my projects/hobby. So, to make this post relevant, I will post a picture of the bookcase that I have filled with model cars that I built and collected over the years. I am proud of these in that I built them myself. Not the ones I bought all put-together that is, but the ones I put together from kits. As a matter of fact I am working on one as we speak. I seem to have slowed down these days as it is taking longer than expected to get it done. I'll post a pic of it when I get it finished. OH, just to let you know, the cars on the top shelf of the bookcase are the ones that I bought that were put together already, the others were kits. The models I have put together may not be museum quality, but I am proud of them nonetheless. So here goes it. Till next time BYE!!



8 comments:

Barb said...

You should be proud. They all are so nice!!!

By the way.. about that mess. Oh nevermind. :P

Smalltown RN said...

Those are pretty cool Mike and I know model building can be very time consuming and challening at times...they look great in your cabinet..you sould put one out on display on top and rotate them every once in awhile...just so you can really appreciat them....

Martha said...

What a great collection of your handiwork! You should be proud!

My Heads or Tails

Dallas Meow said...

ooh, I love cars - would love to see the one you're about to finish!

i beati said...

super cool and HOME !! sandy

Anna said...

I've seen those kits, and I think it would take a lot of time and patience to put them together. It's definitely something to be proud of.

Unknown said...

Definitely something to be proud of...I know my husband would love to have a place to show off his model railroad stuff.

Calico Crazy said...

Very cool! You should be proud, I've never been one to work with small parts and precision placement so I can't imagine finishing one much less a case full. ~ Calico Contemplations